The Ottawa-Gatineau Multiple Myeloma Community Network is a patient-managed and patient-centered group that provides information to newly diagnosed patients as well as a circle of mutual support from those who are further along in their journey with Myeloma. From patients, caregivers, family and friends we learn how to live with this disease.
The purpose of the Network is to break isolation, provide mutual support and share information.
The mission of the Network is to provide hope and to empower myeloma patients, family, caregivers and friends through education, advocacy, patient care and support and sharing experiences.
*Please contact the group directly for information and updates regarding upcoming events.
Based on the feedback from our patients, the continuing uncertainties surrounding Covid -19 and the critical importance for myeloma patients to physically distance we will continue to hold all our spring sessions on Zoom. Please contact either Robin Sully or Jean Shepherd at the above emails if you are new to the group and would like to participate in the sessions. The meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month. They start at 7:00PM and last an hour and a half. Zoom details to join the meetings will be provided prior to each session. We look forward to “seeing” you!
- Wed. Feb. 7th: Chantel Wicks, Regional Community Engagement and Development Manager, Myeloma Canada will talk about empowering patient advocacy and Myeloma Canada’s support work.
- Wed. Mar. 6th: A representative of Wellspring will present on how mindfulness can help patients and caregivers.
- Wed. Apr. 3rd: One of the doctors from our myeloma team will join us to talk about recent developments in myeloma treatments and research at the Ottawa General.
- Wed. May 1st: Nurses from the Daycare Unit will talk about their work with myeloma patients on a daily basis. A chance to raise any questions we may have and thank them for their ongoing support.
- Jun. 5th: A Share and Care session, possibly followed by an in-person meeting in the park.