You have the POWER
March is officially Myeloma Awareness Month. You have the power to help save lives and keep the needle moving forward so that a cure may be found.
Raise awareness and support our cause by donating whatever you can.
We’re asking you to use your power to grow the conversation and increase support for this 2nd most common form of blood cancer that sadly still remains relatively unknown and claims too many lives. Your support will ensure that the incredible advancements we’ve seen in myeloma continue.
YOU have the POWER. Here’s how:
1. On social media:
Create social media posts that talk about myeloma, how you’re growing the conversation, and ask others to join in.
Click here for ideas and artwork you can use and share
2. In other ways:
If social media isn’t your thing, there are a lot of other ways you can use your power:
- Share your story with acquaintances or those in your distant circle who may not already know it and encourage them to do the same in theirs.
- Reach out to your local newspaper or radio show and offer up an interview on myeloma and its impact on your life.
- Discuss the effects of myeloma on your life with friends and loved ones who don’t know much about the subject.
- Explain what myeloma is to those who may not be aware.
- Give a (online/zoom) talk at your community centre, your book club, yoga, running, or knitting group (or any group you belong to!).
- Learn about new available treatments or clinical trials and discuss your options with your support system and healthcare team.
- Review your treatment goals with your friends and loved ones.
- Get involved in a support group if you aren’t, or help create one in your area if there isn’t one already.
- Create a fundraiser to raise awareness and money for myeloma.
- Purchase and wear your Myeloma Canada logo socks and washable masks to get the conversation going.
- Share articles with your friends and family and ask them to do the same.
3. Get involved:
For the 9 new Canadians diagnosed with myeloma every day, and the entire Canadian myeloma community, ‘like’, promote and share this campaign on your social media news feeds, outlets, and blogs… anywhere and everywhere you can. The more noise we make, the more we continue to make myeloma matter.
YOU have the POWER to help thousands.